When you have onboarded Touch Portal you will start in the main screen. This
screen has a lot of information and elements and can be daunting for some
users. Fear not, this guide will help you understand what is what.
Touch Portal's main screen
This is the main screen of Touch Portal.
This screen shows a lot of options and for first time users not everything
is as clear as water so lets divide the main screen in section that will make
you understand better what does what.
We have divided the main screen in 6 parts as you can see. Each part has its
own responsibility and we will explain what they are:
Back to Guide Overview
- The Title bar shows our name and the version number on the left. For
Beta and Alpha users it shows the build as well. On the right are all the menu
options and the window actions.
- The Connection state bar has all the elements and indicators to
handle the connection with your device. The first selector is to choose the
correct network adapter. The other elements give you information about the
- The Page manage section is for doing all the page actions. In
Touch Portal we call the layout of a set of buttons a page. On this section
you can select the page you want to edit (this does not change the page on the
mobile device) and you can manage your pages.
- The page button field shows the current selected page to edit.
You can select the option to simulate the device aspect ratio of the button
field. This will mimic the device so the buttons will look the same size wise.
- The Page Settings section shows all the options you can set for
the selected page from section 3 showing in section 4.
- The Global Objects section shows all the global objects in Touch
Portal. Global objects are objects that do not belong to a page or a button
but exist always within the Touch Portal context.