A new version! Version 1.10 is focussed more on eliminating the
"help question" from our
users. There are a lot of user settings such as firewalls and java versions
which could block Touch Portal to run and so we needed to do something about
it. Here is the list of all changes.
New Icon Pack system
From version 1.10 Touch Portal supports multiple icon packs. You can import
icon packs with the import icon packs in the icon pack screen.
you can now import icon packs into Touch Portal.
Icon creators can from now on create icon packs themselves. For more
information check out our small blog about the
icon pack system
HTTP Post and Get actions
In version 1.10 you can send GET and POST requests. We have added multiple
optional settings for these requests so you should be able to do almost
everything. Do you miss a setting? Let us know! We already tested this with
our home automation system and with IFTTT and controlled our home with TP!
Fixing the Help Request?
On a daily base we get a few help requests from our users. Almost always this
is related to a couple of things such as firewall settings, java versions and such.
We really like to help our users but we felt that we could do more pro-actively
for our users in this regard. So we worked on the most asked for help questions:
- Touch Portal will now check for Windows Firewall settings at the start.
If the correct javaw.exe is not present, it will show the user a message
with help on how to fix that.
- Touch Portal usually stores all data of your creations into the
TouchPortal in the documents folder of windows installation. We have
changed this to the AppData folder because onedrive and online Microsoft
accounts could not handle the documents version correctly due to access
- We have added a Info section in the settings. This is a list of
settings we need when helping our users. With a nice easy copy to
clipboard button, users can easily copy and paste that info in an
email or on our discord.
- Touch Portal will also check if the correct major version of java is
used during startup. Touch Portal runs on Java 8.
- Touch Portal will show now when you get the message
"OBS not connected" that you also have to check the Palakis plugin.
For some users it is not clear that it is required.
- We have replaced the import and export button functionality to the
right click menu of a button in the homescreen. Some users did not find
the functionality in the title bar and this new place makes more sense.
What else ?!
- In our previous version we added a lot of functionality but we forgot
to add a "Set Scene to Preview" action and a "Transition to Live" action
for OBS Studio mode, so we added those.
- You can now double click an action to edit it.
And of course we have fixed some bugs:
- We fixed the issue that some pages did not load properly because
of the page being renamed in the past.
- We fixed that the copy style also includes whether the icon is
stretched or not