In version 1.10 of Touch Portal we have improved our icon pack system. You
can now create custom icon packs and share them with others.
Step One: Create your icons
The first step of a nice icon pack is the creation of nice icons. Icons in our
pack should be created with the following settings in mind:
- Resolution: 256x256 (TP resize it to 128x128 at the moment)
- Format: jpg, 8bit or 32bit png and gif
Step Two: Adding your Info
The second step is adding your information so that people know who made the
icon pack and where they can reach you. In the same folder as your icons,
add a textfile called "info.txt". This file will hold all the meta data of
the icon pack. Just add the bold parts below to add the settings:
- name=Epic Icon Pack - This is the name that will be shown in
- author=by awesome icon artists - This line will be shown below the
title in the icon pack screen in Touch Portal.
- link=https://www.touch-portal.com - This line will be shown below the
author line in the icon pack screen in Touch Portal and will be used as a
link. So nothing but a full link will work.
- bgcolor=#00ff00 - This line will be used as the background color
of the overview of all your icons. This is especially handy for creators of
black icons as the default background color in Touch Portal is black.
Step Three: Creating the actual pack
The last step is easy, just pack all the icons and the info.txt in a zip file.
Do not put it in folder or something because that will not work. Just files in
the zip file.
Now simply rename the extention of your iconpack.zip to iconpack.tpi and
share this file with other users so that they can import the pack.