When you have onboarded Touch Portal you will start in the main screen. This
screen has a lot of information and elements and can be daunting for some
users. Fear not, this guide will help you understand what is what.
Touch Portal's main screen
This is the main screen of Touch Portal.
This screen shows a lot of options and for first time users not everything
is as clear as water so lets divide the main screen in section that will make
you understand better what does what.
We have divided the main screen in 6 parts as you can see. Each part has its
own responsibility and we will explain what they are:
Back to Guide Overview
- The Title bar shows our name and the version number on the left. For
Beta and Alpha users it shows the build as well. On the right are all the menu
options and the window actions.
- The Connection state bar has all the elements and indicators to
handle the connection with your device. The first selector is to choose the
correct network adapter. The other elements give you information about the
- The Main section is where you will be setting up all the different
Touch Portal elements such as Pages, Events, Flows and Values. This area will be
your main work space.
- The main section settings fields shows you the settings you can
set that are part of the main section loaded elements. For pages you can setup
all the attributes of the page itself for example.
- The Main Menu shows all the options you can set up in Touch Portal
and more. In the next guides we will explain more about the specific sections.